Chicken tagine is a typical North African and especially Moroccan dish; the main ingredients are chicken, cooked with mixed vegetables, lemons, honey, and spices. It is a very popular dish with Moroccans, as it is served on holidays and weddings, also it is considered one of the main dishes in Ramadan.
Moroccan Chicken Tagine Recipe:
- Meal course: Arabian food.
- Meal type: Maghrib Traditional Food.
- Meal difficulty: Medium.
- Servings: For 6 People.
- Total Time, preparation, and cooking: 1 hour, 25 minutes.
- 4 chicken thighs.
- 1 yellow pepper.
- 2 onions.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1 zucchini.
- 1 carrot.
- 1 handful of black olives.
- 1 red tomato.
- 2 spoons of honey.
- 2 TBSP Lemon juice.
- 1 TBSP turmeric.
- 1 TSP ground ginger.
- Fresh cilantro.
- Salt and black pepper.
- In a Deep pan, over medium heat with the oil. Add the garlic cloves and sliced onions. Saute the onions over low heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and honey. At this point, brown the chicken for a few minutes and add the lemon juice. Add spices and cook over low heat.
- Cut all the vegetables into small pieces and add them harmoniously to the chicken. Also, add the black olives. Salt and pepper.
- Cover with the special extended lid and cook at 175 degrees for one hour.
- Once ready, sprinkle with fresh cilantro or chopped fresh parsley.