Machbos is a traditional dish in Kuwait
It is considered one of the main famous dishes
It is a healthy dish because it contains carbohydrates, proteins and fiber.
Let us start with the ingredients and how to cook this delicious dish.
Cooking time 1:30 – 2 hours ( If use a pressure cooker will be 1 hour )
Most of the time the chicken has to be cooked
1 whole chicken
3 cups of long rice ( basmati )
4 spoons of oil ( use ghee for a tastier taste )
2 chopped onions
1 Minced garlic ( fresh )
1 chopped tomatoes
5 pieces of fresh cardamom (a)
2 Cinnamon sticks (b)
3 pieces of Bay paper (c)
2 pieces of cloves (d)
7 grains of black pepper not crushed (e)
1/2 tablespoon salt ( as you like ) (f)
½ tablespoon black paper powder (g)
1 tablespoon ( each )of mixing spices ( curry, turmeric, and ground coriander ) (h)
Pinch of saffron (i)
- Wash the rice until the water becomes clear, then keep it into the water for half an hour.
- Fry the onion with the oil for 10 min.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, and all the spices ( a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h,i).
- Keep frying for 5 minutes.
- Add the whole chicken (with the frying onions and the other ingredients ) for 5 minutes.
- Add hot water until chicken is covered a little ( close the cover ) keep boiling until the chicken be cooked ( about 1 hour ).
- Remove the chicken and keep it on the side.
- Strain the chicken water but don’t thought the water.
- Add the rice with the chicken water ( let the chicken water cover the rice).
- Cook the rice on medium heat ( 180 c ) for half an hour.
- Fry the chicken and put it Over the cooked rice.